Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Top 1 Twitter Versions of Hamlet

Hello ladies. Sooo... I'm in a production of Hamlet this weekend, playing the character named "Hamlet". You could even come, if you wanted... it's Friday (8pm), Saturday (8pm), and Sunday (3pm), up at Columbia, in the Schapiro Hall Studio Space. (Email these folks to reserve the FREE tickets: invisible.theatre@gmail.com)

Anyway, I was working on a list titled "Top 14 References to Hamlet in Pop Culture" and I stumbled upon this, a retelling of Hamlet via Facebook news feed events. Pretty brilliant. But that was 2008. This is 2009. We are of the Twitterverse, not the Facebook-o-sphere. (What?) In any event, I updated the bard's classic text for even more modern audiences.

...with equally weighted apologies to William Shakespeare and Sarah Schmelling:

1. The Twitter Hamlet

RIP Old Hamlet (aka Dad)... looks like i'm gonna be back at elsinore sooner than I thought
7:30 PM Oct 2nd, from txt

Um... @queen_g, @claudius_rex Srsly? wtf...
2:35 PM Oct 4th, from txt

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHDSGSDFGFGDSFGSDFGSFFFF
2:56 PM Oct 4th, from txt

@flower_gurl Did u not get my letters?
3:45 PM Oct 4th, from txt

@my_sisters_keeper Have fun in France, doucher! PS Did ur sis not get my letters?
3:49 PM Oct 4th, from txt, in reply to my_sisters_keeper

@danes_best_friend Say what?
4:15 PM Oct 4th, from txt, in reply to danes_best_friend

@danes_best_friend Yo, meet me tonite upon the platform where you watch
4:22 PM Oct 4th, from txt, in reply to danes_best_friend

You guys, major shit went down. I'm all of a sudden feelin kinda revengey! (Is that a word... lol)
1:03 AM Oct 5th, from txt

@danes_best_friend Be cool, k?
2:19 AM Oct 5th, from txt

@claudius_rex @queen_g @flower_gurl AAAAAH I SO CRAZY LOLOLOLOL
5:52 AM Oct 5th, from txt

SOTD: "Suicide is Painless" - that song from MASH... actually, I dunno though, u guys...
3:12 PM Oct 5th, from txt

@flower_gurl You might wanna check this out: http://is.gd/nunnery, Spoiler alert... you'd look great in a habit
4:31 PM Oct 5th, from txt, in reply to flower_gurl

HEY @just_polonius FISHMONGER!
6:24 PM Oct 5th, from txt

@rsncrntzNgldnstrn Why r u here?
7:01 PM Oct 5th, from txt, in reply to rsncrntzNgldnstrn

@rsncrntzNgldnstrn Srsly why r u here?
7:02 PM Oct 5th, from txt, in reply to rsncrntzNgldnstrn

@rsncrntzNgldnstrn I DON'T BELIEVE YOOOOOOOOOU
7:04 PM Oct 5th, from txt, in reply to rsncrntzNgldnstrn

@rsncrntzNgldnstrn LOL u rly wanna know? I'm just so f*ckin tired of all of this...
7:07 PM Oct 5th, from txt, in reply to rsncrntzNgldnstrn

AAAAAH u guys I have been a f*ckin chump lately... no worries, I got a sweet idea that'll change everything. I'ma make you proud dad!!!
7:26 PM Oct 5th, from txt

@claudius_rex, @queen_g, @just_polonius Busy tomorrow nite? The players are in town! SO EXCITED!!!
11:22 PM Oct 5th, from txt

@flower_gurl Girl, if u want me to calm down, u know what to do... lol
7:34 PM Oct 6th, from txt

OH MAN I LOVE WHEN I AM RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! 
8:11 PM Oct 6th, from txt

@queen_g WTF DO YOU WANT WOMAN
9:42 PM Oct 6th, from txt

@my_sisters_keeper Yo my bad...
11:09 PM Oct 6th, from txt

@my_sister_keeper Nvm you'll see. PS Btw no worries about your sis and those letters.
1:32 AM Oct 7th, from txt, in reply to my_sisters_keeper

@king_of_england Yo I need you to do a few dudes for me
4:22 PM Oct 9th, from txt

@danes_best_friend Attacked by pirates! Never even made it to England... home soon, shit is CRAZE
4:46 AM Oct 12th, from txt

@claudius_rex Hey hey hey look who you were totally not expecting to come back to your castle... see ya in a few
4:48 AM Oct 12th, from txt

@flower_gurl I know this is a lil late but... <3
5:21 PM Oct 13th, from txt

@my_sisters_keeper THIS SHIT IS ON
8:35 PM Oct 13th, from txt, in reply to my_sisters_keeper

I know I'm not the first one to say it or nothin, but u guys... we're ALL gonna die someday
10:05 PM Oct 13th, from txt

@queen_g LATER MOMS (i forgive you kinda...)
11:24 AM Oct 14th, from txt

@claudius_rex Peace f*cker!
11:25 AM Oct 14th, from txt

@my_sisters_keeper Srsly? F*ck...
11:26 AM Oct 14th, from txt, in reply to my_sisters_keeper

@danes_best_friend Yo tell my story, aight? The rest is silence... lol
11:28 AM Oct 14th, from txt

No comments: