Monday, August 18, 2008

15 Reasons to Drop Everything and Listen to David Byrne and Brian Eno's New Album Right Now



I have anticipated the release of this album--Everything that Happens Will Happen Today--more than any album in a long time (the last one I was this pumped for was probably Interpol's second album, Disappointment). I believe we can put aside concerns about modern satire for a day to listen to this album over and over, even if we're just streaming it online here. Here are some reasons to do that:

1. Brian Eno and David Byrne first worked together on the Talking Heads album More Songs about Buildings and Food, which is awesome.
2. Brian Eno and David Byrne then worked together on the Talking Heads album Fear of Music, which is awesome.
3. Brian Eno and David Byrne also worked on the Talking Heads album Remain in Light, which is awesome.
4. Brian Eno and David Byrne alone have collaborated on one album in the past, My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, and it is awesome. Seriously, it's one of my favorite albums ever. In fact...
5. The track "America is Waiting" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is awesome.
6. The track "Mea Culpa" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is awesome.
7. The track "Regiment" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is awesome.
8. The track "Help Me Somebody" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is awesome.
9. The track "The Jezebel Spirit" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is super-awesome and probably my favorite.
10. The track "Very, Very Hungry" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is awesome.
11. The track "Moonlight in Glory" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is awesome.
12. The track "The Carrier" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is awesome.
13. The track "A Secret Life" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is awesome.
14. The track "Come With Us" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts totally sucks. Just kidding, it's fucking awesome!
15. The track "Mountain of Needles" on My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is awesome.

Listen to the new album. I just finished listening to it once through, and first impression? AWESOME.

1 comment:

neonspecs said...

this is an amazing post.