For the uninitiated, a "meatbone" is defined as:
A basically plausible image, event, or plot point that is much more prevalent in fiction than it is in real life. Often, but not always used to refer to a cartoony visual image.
I have recently submitted that definition of a meatbone (which apparently people think is a penis, IT IS NOT!!!) to Urban Dictionary. My definition is probably on there by the time you're reading this, so please, click that link, vote it up, and we can all let the world know what a meatbone truly is.
And now, the examples!
25. Two people are completely unable to recognize each other at a masquerade ball despite the fact that their only disguises are tiny little half-masks.
24. A class title ends in "101"
23. A child licks his or her ice cream, which causes it to accidentally fall off the cone, and the child starts crying
22. A dog chases a cat
21. A cat chases a mouse
20. A mouse scares an elephant
19. A mouse steals some cheese
18. A cat watches a fish swim back and forth in a fishbowl
17. A man's wife is cheating on him with the pool boy
16. A person hides behind a newspaper or book while people searching for him/her run past, then he/she brings down the newspaper and runs in the opposite direction
15. A cat is stuck in a tree, especially if firefighters have to get it out instead of doing something more important
14. A worm crawls out of an apple
13. A fish skeleton is seen fully intact
12. A woman sings so high that glass shatters
11. A person slips on a banana peel
10. A prisoner wears a black-and-white striped uniform, especially if the prisoner has escaped from jail, robbed a bank, and now holds a bag of money with a large dollar sign on it
9. A young man spies an attractive woman changing from his apartment window, especially if he calls his friends over to watch her
8. A man or woman runs to stop his or her lover from getting on a plane
7. Parents have a serious relationship fight while their kid listens on the stairs
6. Something bad happens on a live television show, and the producers say it'll be good for the ratings
5. People discuss last night's television shows around a water cooler
4. An alarm clock has a bell on it, especially if the alarm goes off and the clock vibrates itself off a nightstand
3. A man eats a large hunk of nondescript meat, holding its bone as a handle
Note: this is the meatbone from whence the term "meatbone" is derived. Credit to Tobin Mitnick.
2. A plumber's butt cheeks slip out while he is working on a sink
1. A cop eats a donut
In order to help spread this wonderful term, we invite you, the reader, to come up with your own meatbones and post them here! Perhaps we will have a future list of our favorite guest-submitted meatbones!